In 2012 the schools and colleges of the diocese collaboratively set about establishing a vision to guide the Catholic education community now and into the future. Our schools operate in a diverse and geographically extensive diocese which covers the west of Victoria, extending from the Murray River in the North to the Southern Ocean in the South. The Diocese of Ballarat is a place of natural, communal and economic diversity.
Catholic education in the Diocese of Ballarat occurs in interwoven communities of learners gathered in Jesus’ name. It has its foundation in communities of believers who have made their education system a place of welcome to reach out to nurture all God’s people. Generations of diocesan clergy, religious congregations and lay people have endeavored to establish the flourishing educational communities that exist today, with each school an expression of our foundational belief that we are all created in the image and likeness of a loving God.
As partners in Catholic education and open to God’s presence, we pursue fullness of life for all.
We journey towards this vision through:
- proclaiming and witnessing to the Good News of Jesus Christ
- ensuring quality learning that promotes excellence and fosters the authentic human development of all
- living justly in the world, in relationship with each other and in harmony with God’s creation
- exploring, deepening and expressing our Catholic identity in diverse ways
- enabling each one of us to reflect more fully the image of God