The Australian Curriculum in Victoria (AusVELS) provides the curriculum framework for schools to identify the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours that will enable students to realize their potential.
AusVELS incorporates the Australian Curriculum F-10 Domain content once finalized by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA). Content already merged with the Australian Curriculum are indicated on the AusVELS website by the ‘AC’ superscript in the ‘Domains’ area.
As students move through to the senior years of schooling, schools are currently guided by the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE), Vocation Education and Training (VET) and Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) curriculum guidelines and documents. Australian content in the senior years is also currently under development.
Through a partnership approach, the Catholic Education Office Curriculum Services Team supports school leaders and teachers to build capacity to enhance and improve learning for all students. The team’s services focus on a range of learning and teaching priorities including:
- Assessment for Learning
- Creativity and Critical Thinking
- Analysis of student achievement data
- Emerging Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Contemporary Pedagogy- Learner Centred Learning
- Professional Collaboration – Learning teams
- Professional Learning – Inquiry and research
- National Professional Standards for teachers
- Responsibilities for aspects of Australian Government programs