St Thomas More, Alfredton
St Thomas More School embraces the mission of the Church by welcoming the enrolment of all students and families who share their vision and educational
philosophy. Inspired and governed by the message and person of Jesus Christ, and committed to the physical, intellectual, social and spiritual development of each
person, St Thomas More School provides Catholic education of the highest quality to its students.
St Thomas More School draws on the Gospel values to build a learning environment where children feel valued and inspired to learn. We offer a quality learning environment where each individual is supported to reach their potential.
Our Literacy and Numeracy education delivers a sound curriculum that is focused on the needs of individual learners. Our children experience a number of specialist areas including Visual Arts, Music, Library/History and Languages Other Than English-Japanese.
All members of our school are proactive in the management of student behaviour. We utilise a range of strategies to ensure a safe and co-operative environment. We draw on the support of the Catholic Education Office Ballarat and outside agencies to support the needs of our children.
We promote a vibrant, caring community that works together to create a welcoming and stimulating educational enviroment.
The requirements for principals in the Diocese of Ballarat include:
- Membership of the Catholic Church and regular participation in the sacramental life of the faith community.
- An understanding of and demonstrated commitment to Catholic Education
- A period of recent experience in a leadership role within education
- Academic qualifications additional to teacher training and/or successful participation in appropriate post‐graduate professional development activities. eg. Leadership, Theology/Religious Education.
- Registration as a teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (For interstate applicants, demonstration that you meet the requirements and are pursuing this).
- Normally a minimum of ten years relevant experience in education
- Accreditation to Teach Religious Education in a Catholic School (CECV Policy 1.7).
- Completion of a successful criminal records check (this will be carried out, when required, by the CEOB.
View the application information document which explains the application process and the selection criteria and how to apply
Download the application form and respond to the selection criteria
If you have any further questions please contact Peter Kerwan on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring on 03-5337 7123.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON MONDAY 26TH AUGUST AT 4pm.