The Catholic Education Office Ballarat (CEOB) provides governance and support to 64 diverse primary and secondary schools across western Victoria, from the Murray to the Sea. The CEOB partners with schools to promote Catholic identity, deliver quality learning, enable effective stewardship and nurture respectful and trusting relationships with the community. Catholic schools in the Diocese of Ballarat hold the care, safety and well-being of children and young people as a central and fundamental responsibility.
2 positions: 1 Ballarat based and 1 Mildura based
Full time, Fixed term contract until end of 2020
The Psychologist works as part of a multidisciplinary team supporting students who are disengaged, or at risk of disengaging with their education. This Psychologist will support the Students, Staff, Parents and the learning and teaching by:
- conducting psychometric assessments and providing interventions for students;
- developing the capacity of staff in the educational setting to respond effectively to students whose learning and development is being compromised;
- working directly with teachers in classrooms to provide support to individual/groups of students;
- supporting teaching staff to develop individual learning and behaviour/safety plans which enhance educational outcomes for students;
- the provision of timely advice, information and direction on flexible learning pathways and resources to support learning;
- responding to and effectively addressing teacher and parents’ concerns regarding barriers to learning.
* Please indicate in your application if you are applying for the Ballarat or Mildura position.
For a confidential discussion about the position please contact:
- Michael Trainor, Human Resources Manager (03) 5337 7109
- Allan Hutchison, Senior Psychologist (03) 5337 7197
Applications close Monday 8 June, 2020.