DOBCEL Management partners with schools of the diocese to promote Catholic identity, deliver quality learning, enable effective stewardship and nurture respectful and trusting relationships with the community. Catholic schools in the Diocese of Ballarat hold the care, safety and well-being of children and young people as a central and fundamental responsibility.
Download our Employment Application form (Word document).
Permanent, Fulltime position
The Payroll Officer role will be part of the Finance Team with the following major responsibilities:
- undertake fortnightly payroll processing for schools;
- assist with the implementation of processes and procedures for provision of central payroll processing;
- provide service to schools with regards to payroll related matters;
- assist with and/or facilitate professional learning to school staff in payroll and related matters;
- advise/liaise with and provide timely information to Principals and school administrative staff on payroll and related matters;
- contribute as a member of the Finance Team.
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
- Michael Trainor, Manager, Human Resources – 03 5337 7109
- Christena Renouf, Manager Finance and Accountability – 03 5337 7184
Applications close Monday 8 February, 2021.
Senior Education Officer, Learning & Teaching
Internal position – CEB employees only
Duration: Limited Tenure up to 3 years
Applications are sought from existing Catholic Education Ballarat employees for the role of Senior Education Officer. Working as part of the Learning and Teaching Team this role will develop a strategic approach for the oversight of a minimum of two of the following CEB priorities for 2021-2024:
- CECV Targeted programs
- Professional Learning Communities
- Student Voice and Engagement
- The Education Framework
- Inquiry Models
- Early Years
- Pedagogical Practice
- Data interpretation and analysis
Specifically, the Senior Education officer will:
- ensure all team members are action focused towards the Annual Action plan goals and strategic priorities;
- identify, investigate and facilitate evidence-based practices and professional learning opportunities that will build the capabilities of Learning and Teaching and Educational Services team members;
- lead change and innovation within the Learning and Teaching and Educational Services teams with a clear focus on achieving the CEB Vision and Strategic Priorities;
- coach and support Learning and Teaching team members in achieving identified goals.
- partner with Team leaders and other Senior Education Officers to plan, prepare and present for the Learning and Teaching team and Educational Service team meetings;
- assist the team in implementing inquiry-based research projects with schools.
Expressing Interest for the Interim appointment
Your application must include:
- Application form;
- A cover letter which identifies a minimum of 2 priority areas of interest.
For a confidential discussion:
- Michael Trainor, Human Resources Manager – 03 5337 7109
- Sue Paulka, Leader Learning and Teaching – 03 4333 5611
*Please note this is an internal position, open to current Catholic Education Ballarat employees only
Applications close Monday 1 February, 2021.